Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Whimsical Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I’ll roll on the table below, and then on the indicated Whimsey Table, and share the exact wording found in my very crude often ridiculous 25 year old handwritten notes from the early 80’s.

Random Whimsey Determination Table (2d6)

2-4 Basic Whimsey Chart (d00)
5-7 New Whimsey Chart (d00)
8-10 Nyark Ripplesnap’s Whimsey Channel (d00)
11 Gorfaxio Gondoro’s Whimsey Table #1 (d20)
12 Gorfaxio Gondoro’s Whimsey Table #2 (d20)


Today’s Roll: 11, 8.

"Target turned into a large, bright orange, easy chair (with abilities to match)."

Have a Whimsical Wednesday.

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

2 comments:

Kevin Mac said...

Hey, I'm running my twice monthly D&D game tonight. I'll keep the whimsy in mind, 'tho it's going to be almost all combat this session (damn characters finally getting to high enough level to throw some heavy violence their way).

Whatever goes down, every hump day could use a li'l whimsy..

Sham aka Dave said...

For better or worse, I'm typing these results up exactly how I wrote them as a youngster back in '81-'82 or so.

Maybe one of these days I'll copy over the originals, but I am inclined to make some updated versions. I'll just have to invoke the spirit of that 15 year old again and not get too serious about 'whimseys'.