Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Power Inflation?

You be the judge.

You really need to check out this post over at hack/ on the subject before you decide.

There's a great series of posts on the increasing strength of the Fighting-Man through D&D versions. So great in fact that I'm going to ask the author if I can copy the image and use it myself here at Ye Auld Grog 'n Blog.

What are you waiting on? Go check it out!

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

*post script update* Ask and you shall receive! Permission granted, and you can now see the image over on the right side of this very blog.

2 comments:

Secular Transhumanist said...

I thought some of the criticisms that the 4E comparisons weren't necessarily equivalent looked fair, but I would have to do a whole lot more work on the subject to really make a determination one way or the other.

And, frankly, 4E isn't worth that much of my time.

Sham aka Dave said...

I'd have to agree that I'm not willing to undertake such a project. Not being well versed enough in modern D&D, I have to trust the numbers and assume that they are, for the most part, accurate.

I don't think of it so much as a precise scientific study, just a fun comparison.

Damn straight, Goblins can kill you in OD&D. That's the message I get. I like that message for my own games.